St. Andrew’s Vestry Meeting
Present: Jeanne Cassin, Al Colburn, Dick Dabrowski, Mary Medeiros, George Miller, Karyn Paglierani, Ginger Quarles, Jason Salter, Rev. Joyce Scherer-Hoock, Bill Veno.
Absent: Lorraine Leonard, Erica Scattergood
I. Opening Devotion & Prayer
presented a Discussion Document detailing the General Scope and Approach for a
B. In connection with this, Dick and Mary discussed a foundation in Ayer that gives $2,000 to $20,000 per year to churches in the area for bricks and mortar projects. This has an impact on how much of the renovation project we want or should do before we apply for such a grant, as a grant could defray much of the expense.
C. There was a discussion of the need to prioritize the various parts of the project and put numbers to it.
D. Karyn suggested getting the children involved in the project on some level.
E. George and Ginger expressed concern over how the project fit in with the facilities poll taken at the Leadership Retreat.
F. On a MOTION made by Karyn, seconded by Mary and unanimously approved, Jason was appointed project manager for the Project. He will manage the Project in conversation with Linda, George, Lin and Alan. All communications relating to the Project will go through and be copied to Jason as project manager.
G. ACTION ITEM: Jason will come to the next vestry meeting with an itemized budget for the project, including a budget for a “Phase 2”, renovation of the bathrooms. George will check on the numbers we have for the other items in the facilities poll.
III. Treasurer’s Report
A. Report Submitted
B. Approval of budget for 2010 (MOTION by Bill, seconded by Al, unanimously approved)
IV. Rector’s Report (Rev. Joyce)
A. Reverend Joyce handed out a written report (attached)
B. She also handed out a fee structure she has created for weddings and funerals (attached).
C. MOTION made by Jason, seconded by Jeanne, unanimously approved, to amend the fee structure to delete the Parish Hall Use Fee paragraph of the Weddings section and the last three lines of the Funerals and Memorials section.
D. MOTION made by Jeanne, seconded by Al, unanimously approved, to approve the fee structure as amended.
E. It was acknowledged that the recommended fee structure was in the purview of the Rector and did not require Vestry approval, but the Vestry wanted to be on record as supporting Reverend Joyce’s structure.
V. Warden’s Report (waived)
VI. Commission Reports
A. Communications: written report attached
B. Pastoral Care: Ginger delivered an oral report. She reported that there had been an initial meeting of the Chairs. There are three licensed LEMB’s. They have been delivering the sacrament to parishioners twice a month, but Reverend Joyce has said that once is enough. This will make it more manageable. The decision has been made to have the sacrament always ready so that the LEMB’s can handle their own kits. They have assigned LEMB’s to specific parishioners. There was a discussion of procedures for taking meals to parishioners and of the possibility of having a confidential page on the web site where they can keep a record of who has been to which parishioners and when. This would facilitate the coordination of visits.
ACTION ITEM: Dick will look into how to do this on the web site.
VII. Next Meeting – Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 7 PM in the Peabody Room
VIII. Adjournment – 9:15 PM
Jeanne J. Cassin